#WriteItUp: Guest Blogging with Growth Folks | FAQ
Over the last few months, Growth Folks has been inspiring enough and quick at the same time in launching new initiatives for the community folks in order to add more values to everyone associated with this community. Whether it’s Growth Huddle, Brunch with Growth Folks, or Growth Seminars, we have made sure that there is a value ad at a constant pace. Adding to the same list, here are our new initiatives for all the thought leaders out there, #WriteItUp – Blog with India’s Largest Community of Growth Enthusiasts.
The Growth Folks community has stretched a little and expanded its base from a discussion forum to add a blogging platform. Learning and Sharing should not come with a word limit. Now you can journal it all and as long as you want.
#WriteItUp is the latest initiative by Growth Folks, where community members can share their blogs, white-papers experiences, learnings, case studies, etc in a blog format with the whole community. We are opening gates for the budding bloggers and all those expert bloggers to use growth folks as a platform to reach out to a dedicated and true set of marketing and growth brains.
Have something to share? #WriteItUp. Write a blog and share it with us and we will take care of the entire promotion. We will make sure that it reaches all the community folks and there is a value ad happening to both the parties.
I am sure that you might be having a lot of questions, hence, here it is, a detailed FAQ for your ease of understanding. Go through this carefully and I will see you towards the end:
Frequently Asked Question
- What should I be guest blogging for Growth Folks?
Growth Folks is a dedicated community of over 1000+ seasoned growth enthusiasts spread across the globe. Ever since we started 2 years ago, we have been growing in quality and quantity both. Growth Folks is opening gates for the growth and marketing enthusiasts to showcase their blogs/writings and present it in front of the whole community of like-minded people, I,e., people in the Growth, Marketing, and Product field. Not only this, but the visibility of the blog will also be ensured by email and social media promotions.
2. How to Submit a Guest Post?
You can fill out our Guest Post Submission form.
We highly recommend you have a completed article written before submitting it. Here’s a checklist:
- Your completed and fully edited post as an HTML file or Word Document (.docx or .doc)
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website and a high-quality photo of the writer.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will reply to your submission and let you know when your article will be published. If you have a certain date that you’d like your article to publish (to match with an event), let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you!
Even if your blog is matching our standard or in case it’s not, you will be notified in both cases. If you don’t hear back from us within thirty (30) days, please feel free to post your article on another website.
- What is the review process?
Each published post goes through a 2-step review process to make sure the article is a good fit for the Growth Folks.
Within 3-6 business days of sending your submission, you will receive a receipt confirmation email. The Growth Folks editorial team reviews submissions at least biweekly and within the following week, and will then get in touch with you.
- Can I include backlinks?
We will include ungated links to articles and blogs that illustrate a point in your article (keep in mind that more than one or two links to pieces you’ve written or on your company’s blog may cause us to consider the piece self-promotional). Growth Folks does not allow links to gated content.
- What could lead to my submission being rejected?
Write a post with one or more of these characteristics:
- It has been published elsewhere.
- It only includes examples from your clients or is otherwise self-promotional.
- It is an infographic only and not part of an educational post.
- The post lacks a clear tie to content marketing.
- It’s too basic.
- It’s a things-to-do overview with little detail on how to do those things.
- It lacks a clear main point.
- Content is not 100% Plagiarism free.
- It leaves the reader wondering what to do with the info.
- It was created as a blatant link-bait with little original insight or practical discussion.
- Content has too many grammar mistakes.
- It’s a white paper or other forms of promotional content that is meant to tout the benefits of one specific product/service over others.
- What details can I add to my guest blog post?
You may add your name, a brief bio, and a link to your website in your bio. There may also be one mention of your website in the blog itself, but make sure the content is not promotional. It will be rejected if it does not follow the guest-post guidelines.
- Can I personally get Author access to writing for Growth Folks?
Yes, if you have published more than 20 articles or blogs on our site, then you can request to personally author access. You can drop us a mail at email@example.com
- What are some points that need to be kept in mind before writing a blog for Growth Folks?
- Submissions must meet our quality standards in order to be published.
- You are not allowed to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn Article, Medium, Inbound.org, or other sites afterward. You are, however, allowed and encouraged to share the post as much as possible on social media and to your audience.
- We reserve the right to edit your guest blog content, and update it in the future to improve accuracy and relevance for our readers. However, when we first receive and edit your guest contribution, we’ll send you an edited version with changes tracked and we’ll have a discussion about any changes. You’ll be able to see what’s been changed and have the right to reject any changes.
- What are some of the ‘must-have’ to be kept in mind at the time of writing the blog?
- High-quality writing with original ideas: We don’t have strict word count limits, but we prefer longer posts: 750 to 2,000 words is usually the right length to provide insights, tips, and other valuable information.
- Unique and original content—we don’t republish content from other websites or sources, so your complete post must be original.
- No more than one link to your website in the body of the post.
- You can include videos, images, infographics to make it relevant.
- Description: Write a minimum of 100 words after H1 and try to follow
- Stick to H1, H2, and H3 sub-header levels: This helps keep formatting clear and simple.
- Make all screenshots less than 1500 pixels wide: All images uploaded must be at least 750×300, 1000×1500, and 1000×1000 pixels.
- Follow general best practices for web writing: Concise sentences and brief paragraphs work best.
- Meta description: You need to add min 150 words for meta description and need to place the end of the content.
- Keywords/Tags: Try to add min 3 Tags or keywords at the end of the content!
- Can I repurpose the same content somewhere else?
Yes, you can do that. But you need to make sure it’s some or the other form of this existing content piece (Infographic, Images, carousal). YOU CANNOT PUBLISH THE SAME CONTENT ON ANY OTHER PLATFORM.
- How will the blog be promoted?
Once the blog is up and ready, it will be promoted in the community through various mediums.
- Sent as a part of the newsletter to over 5000+ Growth/Marketing enthusiasts via email
- Promotion within the Facebook community of over 1000+ growth enthusiasts
- Via various Whatsapp groups of Growth Folks.
- Via all the social media platforms i.e, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Linkedin.
- Can I embed my Linkedin/Twitter/Facebook/Instagram post on the blog?
Yes, you can embed your Linkedin/Twitter/Facebook/Instagram post on the blog. You need to make sure they are not spammy, promotional or related to any branding purpose.
- Can I add some affiliate links in my blog post?
No, you cannot add an affiliate link to your blog post.
- What if I want to post a follow-up blog or a series of blogs?
Yes, you can surely do this. However, in such cases, you need to inform the team at the time of submission of your first blog itself so that the team can follow up with you and plan the release in a better way.
- As a contributor, do I get any benefits on any of the growth initiatives by Growth Folks?
For the initial period, you won’t be getting any special services from Growth Folks apart from the blog promotion and a huge shout-out to you. However, once you turn yourself from contributor to Author(once you have submitted 15 blogs) then you end up unlocking few of the services of Growth Folks for free*
- Will there be any support from the Growth Folks team before I start writing the blog?
Yes. You can reach out to the Growth Folks team on any social media platform or you can drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with all your queries and we will be more than happy to answer them in 2-3 working days.
Interesting enough? I know, it is but at the same time I can sense that your a bit nervous as well. Don’t worry it’s going to be a great journey of emerging as the thought leader with Growth Folks.
We have started taking entries and you can too submit your’s here.
Looking forward to publishing some great articles in the coming few days that would be submitted by you guys. Till then, Keep growing 🙂